1 Gimp- brushed metal effect on Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:13 am
1. We start of by an empty canvas... for a logo like the above I went for a 500X300... pick up your bucket fill tool and fill the canvas with black (so that everything shows)
2. Create a new layer, then go to your "Rectangle select tool" and create a rectangle in the middle of the canvas... the size of the rectangle shud be around 414x155... (the size will show where it says "size" at the very bottom of the window. Now tick the "Rounded Corners" box and drag the rounded radius panel to 100.00.
3. Go to your Gradients tool... make sure your FG color is cdcdcd (light gray) and your bg color ffffff (white). and pull a gradient from the bottom, to the top of the the selection... your canvas shud now look something like this...
DO NOT LOSE THE SELECTION!
4. Now for the Metal Effect! Create a new layer and fill the selection with black... go to Filters-> Noise -> HSV Noise...
and click OK!
Your picture shud now look like this:
Again DO NOT LOSE THE SELECTION
5. On the same layer; go to Filters-> Blur-> Motion blur
(It shud be on linear by default)
And click on OK!
Your picture shud look something like this now:
6. U can lose the selection if u want now xD
on the same layer; set the layer mode to "Subtract"...
After that duplicate the layer for a stronger effect... and we're done with the metal effect!
it might not look like much; but with some imagination u can create things like this...
Try it out
feel free to post your creations!